It's In The Bag: The Best Storage Bags For Baby's Needs

breastmilk bag mother k

I first came across Mother-K a few days after giving birth to Audrey and Antonino. Since they were born at 34 weeks and 2 days, they had to stay in the NICU so they could grow some more before coming home with us. Breastfeeding them was a huge challenge because their sucking abilities were a bit weak. So I started pumping milk when we were at the hospital. The NICU gave me sterilized bottles to store my milk but I knew I needed to get breastmilk storage bags once I get discharged from the hospital so I could deliver my milk to my babies everyday.

Obviously I didn't have the energy to shop around for breastmilk bags. My incision still hurt and I was really sad that we wouldn't be going home with our babies. I called the Mothercare branch which was near our place to check what breastmilk bags they carried. The person I spoke to said only one brand was available: Mother-K. I remember thinking "I've never heard of that brand but I guess it's meant to be because my name starts with a K and I'm a mother now." Hehe. So anyway, Joey went to the store to buy them and I pumped the minute he got home.

My milk supply was not enough for the twins' needs. We were very lucky there were plenty of generous mommies who shared their own milk with them. But I was still determined to give Audrey and Antonino whatever I could. Every single drop was a big deal to me. I couldn't afford to have any leaks or spills especially when we transported the milk from our condo to the hospital. Good thing Mother-K Breastmilk Storage Bags are made of super thick material. This means they don't get punctured easily and it's easy to pour milk out of the bags (nothing's wasted). They also seal really well. Plus the matte finish of the bags also makes it easy to label which is really important since you don't really get personal freezers in the NICU.

After a 3-week stay in the NICU, we were finally able to bring Audrey and Antonino home. I continued to pump and also made them latch but my supply still wasn't enough. When they turned a month old, their pediatrician gave me the go signal to supplement with formula. This time, I tried Mother-K Powdered Milk Storage Bags. With twins, our diaper bag is always stuffed to the brim. So whenever we needed more space, we would always use these compact powdered milk storage bags. Aside from being thick and sturdy, the inside of the bags are also made of anti-static material so the powdered milk doesn't stick. So again, no wastage. All the powdered milk goes into the baby bottle when we pour it.

powdered milk storage bags mother k

Then, at 7 months old, it was time for the twins to start solids. Joey and I were determined to feed them homemade baby food. Every weekend we would steam batches of vegetables like sayote, carrots and sweet potatoes. Once they cooled down, we would portion them into Mother-K Baby Food Storage Bags for freezing. I just love how these bags kept moisture out and freezerburn away.

And now at 19 months, the twins have already been eating table food for quite some time so we use the baby food storage bags to carry cereal puffs and cut-up vegetables whenever we go out. The moment the twins see the orange bag, they know they have a snack coming!

baby food storage bag mother k

So I guess my instincts were correct. Mother-K and I were meant to be! From storing breastmilk for the twins to supplementing with formula to feeding them their first solid foods and now treating them to their favorite snacks, Mother-K has been a constant in the twins nourishment. Pretty cool, huh?

If you're interested in trying Mother-K products, visit Mighty Baby's website to order online. You can also buy directly from their store in San Juan, or from Baby Company, and Mothercare branches around the Metro. Hope you will love them as much as we do!

No comments