Twin Tips: Packing Your Hospital Bag

twin tips hospital bag

My due date was in the middle of January so I figured I had the first few weeks of December to pack my hospital bag. I already had most of the stuff I needed. It was just the packing part that had to be done. But during a scheduled checkup in the second week of December, we found out I was already 5cm dilated. What was supposed to be a one-hour appointment turned into 5 days of complete bed rest in the hospital's High Risk Pregnancy Unit (HRPU) and the early birth of our twins. Luckily, I already prepared a list of things to pack so while my mom watched over me, Joey went back home to get everything.

I guess what I'm saying is it's never too early to start packing your hospital bag or at least drawing up a list to serve as a guide if someone else will be packing your bag for you. So here's my list of the basic things to pack which can help you get started.

Documents:
  • Medical records
  • Doctor's instructions
  • Government forms
  • Health insurance information


For Mom:
  • Nursing bra
  • Nursing pads
  • Nipple cream
  • Front-opening shirt or nightgown
  • Shawl / wrap
  • Breast pump in case your twins don't get to latch on at first
  • Maternity pads - You may still experience bleeding even if you give birth via C-Section. Trust me on this one. Hehe.
  • Lip balm and moisturizer
  • Makeup


For Mom and Dad:
  • Snacks
  • Jacket
  • Tablet / book / magazine or anything to keep you entertained in case of long waits
  • Camera
  • Chargers
  • Socks
  • Underwear - In case of a C-section, it's best to pack high-waisted cotton undies for mom to avoid irritating your wound.
  • Extra clothes
  • Toiletries
  • Wipes
  • Flipflops / comfortable slippers
  • Extra pillow/s


For the Twins:
  • Car seat
  • Newborn diapers
  • Cotton
  • Swaddles
  • Sleepsuits or side tie tops and pajamas
  • Socks / booties, caps, mittens
  • Going home outfit


No comments