Twin Parenting Talk at Mommy Mundo World


mommy mundo twin parenting talk

When Fran (Frannywany) messaged me one night on Instagram if I could join her on stage at Mommy Mundo World for The Asian Parent's talk about raising and expecting twins, I said yes right away. OK, she sent the message at night and I was only able see it the following morning. Yikes sorry! The twins took forever to fall asleep so I wasn't able to get any me time (aka browsing Instagram and watching Youtube videos) that night. So I said yes the moment I read her message at around 6AM the next day. Luckily she was also awake. Of course she would be. She's also a mom of twins! We always have to wake up way ahead of everyone at home or else all our activities for the rest of the day will be delayed by 30 minutes each. Hehe!

But seriously, I was excited! I love how Mommy Mundo and The Asian Parent provide support to parents and parents-to-be with their events and timely articles. And of course, I was looking forward to sharing twin parenting stories with fellow twin moms and hopefully providing great insights to parents who are about to go on the twin parenting journey.

Fran was going to host the segment and she invited 3 twin mommies to join her: me, Doctor Kristen Cruz and Raquel Borja-Chua. All four of us are moms to boy/girl twins. Cool, huh? A week before the event, we had a Viber chat group so we would all be on the same page about the topics to discuss. We wanted to talk about so many things and were worried we wouldn't get to cover them all. At one point, Raquel even joked that maybe we actually needed two hours to talk about everything since twins come in two's. Hehe! True! But you know, twin moms are pretty great at time management and because of that, we were able to talk about the basics for the first year of twin parenting from pregnancy to the necessary preparations to our tips on newborn care in 30 minutes. If you want to watch the entire talk, you can see it below or on The Asian Parent's Facebook page.



If you're a parent or soon-to-be parent of twins, I hope our talk was able to help and give you encouragement. As I said, you can do this! Those babies grew inside of you for 9 months so nobody knows them better than you do! So trust your instincts and you will be amazing!

After the talk, I was so thrilled to meet Mommy Mundo founder Janice Crisostomo Villanueva and Tickled Media PH Country Manager Ina Arabia-Garcia. Thanks to these 2 supermoms for giving us twin mommies a chance to share and laugh about our experiences in expecting and raising twins!

And special thanks to my stage mom, stage husband, stage babies and stage friends for their loving support! Oh and props to Joey for taking videos while carrying Antonino in one arm. Want to see how it all went down? Watch our vlog below!






No comments