Top 5 Things Sleep Deprivation Has Made Me Do

alarm clock

Sleep when the baby sleeps, they say. Well, I don't know about that because that's the only time I have to shower and do other chores. So yes, the twins' first four months have made me really tired but on the other hand, I ended up doing some pretty funny things like:

  1. Try to get out of the car with my seat belt still on.
  2. Peel open a blister pack to get my malunggay capsule only to end up throwing the capsule and almost putting the packaging in my mouth. Good thing Joey saw me and was able to stop me.
  3. Wake up to find myself "burping" my own chest because I was so used to patting one of the twins on the back after their nighttime feeds.
  4. Leave the house with a burp cloth over my shoulder. I only realized it was there when I got to my destination.
  5. Panic because I thought my son's penis fell off during a night time nappy change. Turns out I was changing his twin sister's diaper.

Bonus
From the sleep-deprived dad:
  1. Using liquid hand soap instead of facial wash to wash my face
  2. Open the front door with car alarm button
  3. Lose my glasses... On my face

What funny thing have you done as a sleep deprived parent?



8 comments

  1. OMG! I can't imagine your tiredness with the twins. I have a 7 month old and I feel I am the most tired person on the planet. I used to drink my baby's milk and was about to offer him my drink instead. How about I almost splash the whole contents of the cologne on his body thinking it was powder. I have more list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa! Glad to know I'm not alone. Hehe. I guess motherhood really takes the word exhaustion to a whole new level! Good luck to us :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Katzi. This post gave me a good laugh. Oh! The crazy little things we do just because we lack sleep. It's too cute finding out that you have twins - a boy and girl! AMAZING!... by the way, I can totally relate in "losing my glasses, but turns out it's just on top of my head."... CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I laughed at myself many times too! Yes I guess we lucked out with them. Hehe yah and sometimes also "losing my phone" only to find out I was holding it the entire time!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry... I have to say I laughed while reading this. I can absolutely believe these happened. Sleep deprivation leaves me feeling like a zombie. Hopefully we come out of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe yup, nothing we can do but laugh at the crazy things we've done due to lack of sleep! They say it gets better so I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more!

      Delete
  4. I swear! Sleep deprivation is a horrible and dangerous thing. A normal human being must have completed the right amount of hours of sleep in order to function well and to think clearly. I have heard of so many vehicular accidents that took many lives just because of lack of sleep. It's very funny how sometimes lack of sleep can make us do embarrassing and goofy things. But we must always be careful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup we mommies better be extra careful especially when we're around our kids.

      Delete