How I Spent My Maternity Leave


Before I gave birth to the twins, I had this crazy idea that maternity leave = rest. But a week before going back to work, I was already thinking "What? That was it? My maternity leave is over? I feel like I haven't even fully recovered yet!" Instead of resting and recovering, my maternity leave felt like a temporary job assignment with two super demanding bosses and never-ending shifts. The truth is there's no rest when you're on maternity leave. To illustrate where those 78 days went (I gave birth via C-section), here's a breakdown of how I spent my maternity leave:


maternity leave activities

What did your maternity leave look like?

To expectant mothers: Hi there! I hope I didn't scare you. This newborn phase where your life's on a loop of feeding and nappy changes is truly just a phase. It will be over before you know it. Once your baby gives you his first smile, it will all be worth it and you'll be proud you survived!

No comments