Mumming Like A Duchess

William Kate Middleton Family Photo

I have long admired the sophisticated style and grace of Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge. Whenever the royal family would make public appearances, she would always look so calm while tending to her two toddlers. So while looking at photos of Pippa Middleton's wedding, it was fun seeing her get real while she played the role of mom to the children in the wedding entourage. It made me think, Wow she's also capable of losing her patience. She's a normal mom just like me! I mean look...

Here she is shushing the kids as they made their way inside the church.

Telling Princess Charlotte to keep quiet.

Giving the kids a stern look.

And finally, telling Prince George off because yes, even royal babies can misbehave.

So there, I finally have something in common with the Duchess of Cambridge! I feel like we can really be mommy - or should I say mummy - friends now! My twins can go on playdates with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace while my friend Kate and I have tea. Oops... I just got carried away there. But really, thanks, Kate. It's really reassuring for struggling new moms to see how a princess like you can be just like us.

No comments