Moo, Baa, La La La!, by Sandra Boynton

moo baa lalala book review

My mom read to me a lot when I was a kid. I guess it was the shared reading time with her that made me enjoy and love reading. A love for reading is also something I want to pass on to my twin babies, Audrey and Antonino. And so, I read aloud to them even when they were still in my tummy. Then, when we brought them home from the hospital, Joey and I included reading as part of their bedtime routine. There were even nights when we would read the same book to them 5 times straight because they would end up crying when we were done and the only way to calm them down was to read the book over and over. Reading has become a great bonding activity for our family and I can see that the twins have become very interested in books which is why I am always on the lookout for books that will cultivate this interest.

When the twins started making and repeating sounds, I began looking for an animal sounds book because I read somewhere that learning animal sounds is also a great way to work on language skills. Moo, Baa, La La La!, by Sandra Boynton became an instant hit with the twins. They love looking at the colorful illustrations and repeating the animal sounds as we read them. The rhythm of the text also makes it fun to read even for adults. I also love that it has simple animal sounds with a little twist. My favorite line comes in the end of the book which says "It's quiet now, what do you say?" At this point we ask the twins to make sounds of their own and they usually respond with giggles. It's a good sign when a short book can always keep the giggles coming, which makes Moo, Baa, La La La! a great addition to any baby's first library.

the twins with moo baa lalala

No comments