How to Plan A Children's Birthday Party In One Day

twins nautical first birthday stacys

Last month, the twins celebrated their first birthday. I know this post is late but the past month has been bananas for us. The twins' birthday falls during the Holiday season so we had to deal with their birthday, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties and New Year's celebrations all at the same time. Oh and did I mention we went through three hospital confinements in October and November, and were (and still are) yaya-less? 

Early on, Joey and I already decided on having a simple merienda gathering with the family but of course, I still wanted to make the party look festive. Luckily, I came across Stacy's Restaurant while doing my party research online. I sent them an email inquiry and within a few hours they replied that our preferred date was still open and also sent over their celebration packages. I chose the menu (which included food, drinks and cupcakes) and after a few clarifications found out that they can also arrange additional decor to go with our theme. 

You might think I'm a bit weird but I knew as soon as I found out we were having boy and girl twins that their first birthday was going to be nautical themed in shades of pink and blue. So aside from the handcrafted birthday banner, Stacy's will also add some nautical touches to the table centerpieces and cupcake toppers. 

Despite being very busy, I still wanted to do something special for the twins' birthday. I didn't have much time to DIY so I decided to just design the cupcake toppers and have Stacy's print them. They agreed! FYI, they can design the toppers for you if you want. After a couple more emails, I simply had to pay the reservation fee to block our date.

I then booked our photographer, Jess Panajon. I just love her bright and airy style.  All photos in this post are by her.

Last, but certainly not the least, I had to order the twins' cakes. I knew just who to call. My friend Cheska of Sweets Couture makes the loveliest and yummiest cakes. We both agreed on a clean and simple sailboat design for the cakes. 

Planning done! It took only 24 hours from the time I emailed until the time I paid the reservation fee. 

On the day of the party, we arrived 30 minutes before our booking and everything was all ready. 

Here is the birthday banner in our color motif which served as a backdrop for the cupcake and cake tables. 

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

The centerpieces included flowers, paper boats in pink and blue, and lighthouses which really went with our nautical theme. 

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys


twins nautical first birthday stacys

When the guests arrived, we took some photos. How sweet were my cousins, aunt and uncle for surprising us with this DIY frame that we used for pictures?

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

After a few photos, it was time for food. We had a simple spread of salad, finger sandwiches, pasta, and chicken which were all delicious. Even the kids loved it!

twins nautical first birthday stacys

twins nautical first birthday stacys

After food and more pictures, it was time for cake! 

twins nautical first birthday stacys

Sweets Couture's chocolate cake was good and pretty as always. 

twins first nautical birthday stacys

I was so happy with how everything turned out. I swear, after the one-day planning, all we had to do was show up. Stacy's itself is already photogenic (very Instagram-worthy!), but I love how they were able to add tiny elements which made the space feel more personalized and styled according to our theme. I hope when the twins get a bit older, they will remember this really awesome nautical themed first birthday party that mommy and daddy must have spent so much time planning. Hehehe

twins first nautical birthday stacys

No comments