Conversations with Two-Year-Olds

conversations with two year old twin toddlers

Audrey and Antonino have been talking up a storm and I just find some of their statements so funny. For example...

Me: Audrey your lips are dry. Let's put some lip balm. 
Audrey: No lip balm, mommy. Papaw only. 
Obviously referring to Lucas Papaw. I can't believe she already has a preference!

One night during bedtime...
Me: Go to sleep so that when you wake up tomorrow we will go to the mall. 
Antonino: Gootoomol? (Go to mall?)
Me: Yes, sleep first then we will go to the mall. 
Antonino: Gootoomol first then sleep, OK?

Background: The twins are very particular with their stuff. For example, if I lay my head on Audrey's Minnie Mouse pillow she would say "No Mommy, Adee's pillow. Adee only." So I would tease her and reply "But I paid for this. I bought it." So one time during dinner, Audrey was banging her bowl on her high chair tray...

Me: Audrey, give the bowl to mommy. Bowls are for eating not for banging. 
Audrey: (Hands bowl over) But I bought that!

"Mighty fall! Mighty fall!" This is Antonino's way of saying "It might fall" whenever his Megabloks towers start to get really high. 

Me: Audrey, are you mommy's mini-me or LaMom's mini-me?
Audrey: Minnie Mouse!

For Christmas, they received plenty of Mickey Mouse stuff. Then when they opened a gift bag with non-Mickey items, Antonino picked one up, turned it over then asked: "Where's Mickey?"

Also, they both love singing Happy Birthday. Most of the time they would go through the whole family and when they run out of names, they sing happy birthday to objects like water, sippy cup, broccoli and even their nappy!

Sometimes they surprise me by using long words like condiment, Kikkoman, elevator and motorcycle correctly but I just find it so cute whenever they mispronounce words/terms. Is it just me? Promise I'll correct them the next time they say:

Audrey:
Silly-gang (sinigang)
Hiteponamus (hippopotamus)
Tonomato (tomato)

Antonino:
Gin-apple (pineapple)
Hipopapanis (hippopotamus)
Pempachoor (temperature)

Both
Jingle bed man (gingerbread man)
Jibibis (Jingle bells. Even though they can pronounce the words jingle and bell correctly)
Bashuteeth (brush your teeth)
Gobilla (gorilla)

What funny things have your little ones said lately? I'd love to hear them in the comments below. 

To keep up to date with the twins' antics, follow @startermama on Instagram.

No comments